My new found love for red peppers led me to this recipe I adapted from Lovely Little Kitchen. This pasta dish is creamy and so flavorful you won’t believe it. Here’s how I made Red Pepper and Spinach Linguine With Parmesan Cream Sauce:
Red Pepper and Spinach Linguine With Parmesan Cream Sauce
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 red peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ – 1 cups of pasta water
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- Place the chopped red peppers onto a foiled lined baking sheet. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper. Arrange the red peppers in a single layer and roast in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. The peppers should start to come blackened on the edges. Set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Do not brown! Sprinkle flour over the butter and garlic mixture.
- Whisk for one minute, then gradually whisk in milk. Allow to cream mixture to come to a slow boil. Simmer for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn the heat down to low. Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add the roasted red peppers to the Parmesan cream sauce.
- When pasta is ready, remove from heat. Reserve at least 1 cup of the water. Drain the rest of the water out of the pasta, and return to the pot.
- Add spinach and creamy roasted red pepper sauce to the pasta and toss with tongs or stir to coat. If the pasta and cream sauce is too tight and sticky, add a little of the pasta water to the mixture at a time. This will help you incorporate the pasta better. (You may not need it all. Discard the leftover water if not needed.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot!